Friday, October 06, 2006

Sometimes You Just Have To Go Along For The Ride.

It looks like the Dow won’t be setting another record today as the unemployment report was weaker than expected. Economists forecast the addition of 120,000 new jobs but there were only 51,000 jobs added in September. This still managed to push the unemployment rate down to 4.6% from 4.7%. Stock futures stayed unchanged on this news. Last check put the S&P futures down 4.70, suggesting a lower open to the markets. Now I’ve called for Dow records before and the markets turned lower. Now I’m expecting them to turn lower so watch the markets take off.

Yesterday was a great day for me. SCUR was up $0.55 to close at $6.96. So looks like it’s making its way back over $7.00. Once it crosses, we’ll see if it will stick. CLRK gained $0.83 to close at $19.42. It’s coming up to a huge psychological barrier at $20.00.

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. Looks like I have a lot to be thankful for this weekend. When I started this I was really worried about the markets and their ability to move upwards. The returns I have to date are pretty darn good. So far I have made $984 on CLRK and $980 on SCUR for a total of $1964. That works out to a net return after commissions of 17.86% in the six weeks I’ve been doing this. I don’t think that is too shabby. I think that we should sit back and enjoy the day and see where the markets take us today.

No comments: