Friday, October 20, 2006

Sometimes Life Happens

Sometimes life gets in the way of making money in the stock market or day trading. Today I had a busy day at work and was unable to watch the market at all. It is days like these that make the day traders nuts. If you take a position in a volatile stock and can’t watch it during the day, then you could be out a lot of money. That’s why I chose to position trade.

My goal is to find stocks that I think will do well or are moving upward quickly and jump on their bandwagon. Because I take this philosophy, I can afford to not pay close attention to the markets. I’ve known all the reasons for buying the companies that I have bought; and I have a reasonable chance of making money over some time period. My time periods can be days, weeks, or even months.

Aside from Google, the earnings weren’t very good for quite a few companies, especially or Caterpillar. Because of the way I’ve been picking my stocks, I don’t have a lot to worry about if I can’t watch the market all day. Life still goes on. It’s not going to upset me if I can’t watch the market. So the markets can go down and it won’t hurt me too much.

So today I had to spend more time living then I otherwise would have liked but you know I did manage to get a lot done. My stocks are fine and the world has not ended. Make sure that when you pick stocks, your not worrying about them constantly or else you need to look at other investments because you will give up a large portion of your life to watching over and worrying about stocks. Relax, have a beer. Enjoy life.

No comments: