Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Finally Back Online

It’s funny to see how heavily we rely on telecommunications and the internet. I was without internet access for two weeks and unable to post anything. I did manage to phone in some stock quotes and watch market updates on TV but having no internet access made me realize how dependent I am on it. Not having access to email gives me a sense of wondering what went on in the world despite having access to TV and newspapers. But I now have access again and can go on endless rants.

How are my stocks doing?

Well CLRK is basically holding it’s own and still around $19.00 and WIRE managed to move off it’s lows but the recent down turn seems to have knocked some steam off WIRE’s recovery. I think WIRE is still a good bet, just look at it’s P/E Ratio or Price / Sales ratio.

Well I see in the news the Canadian government has gone and done something stupid again. Seems they passed a resolution declaring Quebec or Quebecers as a separate nation. I think that anytime you say that a group within your country is a separate nation then you are inviting a whole world of problems. I guess all Harper is looking at is the next election and trying to win votes in Quebec. But at the same time, how many votes is he gonna lose outside of Quebec? It sure looks like this is another example of how misguided the conservative government is. Harper seems to be doing a good job of messing things up. Well I guess because he has a minority government the voters will be able to decide how god he is doing in a little while.

No comments: