Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I didn’t post for one day yesterday and the Dow has a huge rally. That just goes to show you that the market moves on with or without you. Despite the rally on the Dow, my stocks did pretty much nothing. WIRE was down three cents so I’m hoping that it has finally stabilized and we can now move on up from here.

CLRK was down 20 cents despite announcing the appointment of a new COO. Jeffrey Cassis was appointed yesterday as the new COO of Color Kinetics. Cassis will focus on the day-to-day management of the company and assume responsibility for product delivery. You would think that would be a good thing, but somehow the market sold CLRK for 20 cents. But we must always remember that CLRK is our long term play.

Today is election day in the United States so I expect that there won’t be much happening on the markets. Of course every time I call a day we get the opposite. I should have been an economist. I hope that the democrats rout the republicans because I don’t think I’ll be able to listen to Bush if the republicans do well. Somehow people forget that it was Clinton that ushered in one of the longest runs of prosperity.

No comments: