Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well I’m back after a much needed holiday. I managed to blow my Christmas budget out of the water again this year so I need a nice Spring rally to help defer the cost of Christmas. Well looks like the holidays weren’t very good for the stocks that I’m holding. CLRK is currently sitting at $19.35 while WIRE is a disappointing $21.59. CLRK is our long term investment so we can expect to ride out some ups and downs but WIRE needs to get moving or we should look at selling it and putting our profit to better use. WIRE is set t begin a share buy back program and to send out some dividends.

In the business news, the mild weather that we’ve been having in the north east has reduced the demand for heating oil and driven inventories up. As inventories go up the price of oil drops. Looks like the TD’s call of a $55/barrel oil price was right on the money. OPEC is starting to get worried but I don’t think that they can do enough to stop the slide of oil to the hight 30’s low 40’s. As we’ve seen before as oil drops the markets rise and my wallet is happier on both fronts.

No comments: